Going to celebrate holidays?
Chances are that you will go to aquatic places and will love to have some adventures near water or underwater like in the swimming pool of a 5-star hotel or in some lake or in the sea.
It’s also obvious that you will want to capture your amazing moments and memories through a digital camera. Unfortunately, most of the cameras will not work near or underwater but an underwater camera will do for sure. Now the question is that how and where to find Best waterproof Cameras, so don’t think much as you landed at the right place as we are here going to reveal top world class best performing waterproof underwater cameras right below in this buyer’s guide reviewed by our team of technical professionals.
Best Underwater Waterproof Cameras 2020
Several of these Underwater Cameras are not for everyone because some carry a hefty price-tag.
However, these Underwater Cameras are good enough to make it to our list of the top 10 best Underwater Cameras 2020.
TOP 10 List of Best Underwater Cameras
|Camera Name||MegaPixel||View On Amazon||Weight (Ounce)||Specific Feature|
|AKASO EK7000||12MP||22.4||100 feet waterproof Camera|
|GoPro Super Suit||12MP||3.36||Waterproof to 196ft (60m)|
|Ourlife kids Waterproof Camera||up to 5MP||12||Ability to replay and delete both|
|AKASO V50||20MP||2.4||Electronic Image Stabilization, Waterproof up to 100FT|
|LINNNZI||12MP||4||Flash Light & 8xDigital Zoom|
|Heegomn||24MP||12||Rich Mode Selections|
|Ivation||20MP||10.2||Dual LCD Displays, Waterproof up to 10 Feet, Dustproof & Shockproof|
|Fujifilm FinePix XP130||16.4MP||15.2||Bluetooth, Geo Tagging Capability, Shockproof, Dustproof|
|Ricoh WG-50||16MP||8||Enhanced digital microscope mode uses 6 macro LEDs|
|Underwater Fishing Camera||--||60.8||Can work in dark night 30m deep water|
As I mentioned earlier that some cameras will only allow you to capture aquatic experiences and some will allow you to dive into the depth of 30 meters in order to take a perfect shot. But all these rugged cameras are freeze-proof, shock-proof and some can even endure crush too.
In this detailed article, we are going to share with you the list of wet cameras which are best for capturing aquatic experiences. We are going to share the features and specs of the best waterproof video cameras revealed by manufacturers and at the end our two cents about the products. I hope this article will help you to select the waterproof digital camera.
01. AKASO EK7000 4K WIFI – Best Underwater Sports Action Camera
If you are looking for a little camera, then it’s a must choice and it is one of the best underwater cameras. This is best for taking pictures in or under the water for a trip without feeling that you have spent hundreds. Let me tell you that it certainly has some quirks and a learning curve, but at the end of the day it works great and definitely can’t beat the price. The Photo quality of this camera is great so I would like to give 4 stars for some of the quirks but I will give a bonus star for the great price.
Specification & Features –
- 4K Ultra HD Action Camera. Professional 4K 25fps & 2.7K 30fps video with 12MP photos at up to 30 frames per second for incredible photos, which is 4 times the resolution of traditional HD cameras.
- Wireless Wrist Remote Control Sports Camera. With a wrist 2.4G remote, you can capture the world in an all-new way. Controlling the camera, framing shots or recording video is convenient.
- Longer Battery Life. AKASO EK7000 action camera comes with 2 rechargeable 1050mAh batteries. Each battery can record up to 90 minutes. No more worry about the recording time for this action camera.
- Built-In WIFI & HDMI, edit & share your action in minutes. Just download App (iSmart DV) on your phone or tablet and connect with this action camera. Wi-Fi signal ranges up to 10 meters.
- 100 feet waterproof camera. AKASO EK7000 is designed to withstand extreme environments, together with the durable waterproof case. With the accessories, transform it into indoor and outdoor activities.
- 1x AKASO EK7000 Camera
- 1x 2.4G Remote Control
- 2x 1050mAh Battery
- 1x Waterproof Case
- 1x Bicycle Stand
- 7x Mount
- 2x Clip
- 1x Helmet Mounts
- 1x Bandages
- 5x Tethers
- 1 x Protective Backdoor
- 1x USB Cable
- 1x AC Charger
- 1x Lens Cloth
- 1x Manual
AKASO EK7000 Pros & Cons –
- Professional video quality
- Awesome packaging quality and presentation
- Does not support external microphone
- You need some time to understand its functionalities and features
You can see the results and video quality of the camera by clicking a link below:
02. GoPro Super Suit (Über Protection) with Dive Housing for HERO5 Black
If you are looking for the same great protection for your new Hero 5 as you have enjoyed with previous models of GoPro, this is the right choice. It is the same materials that the company has been using for many years in previous models and they had amazing results. The housing comes with an open back door and two waterproof ones, which is nice in case an o-ring gets damaged on one of them.
If I compare this product to GoPro’s other accessories, then I must say that this is one of the most fairly priced, especially for what you’re getting. In simple words, you are getting expected against the amount you have paid. When you are going to buy this product, remember One more thing that the filter size for this case is different than the Hero 3+ or 4 housings.
Specification & Features –
- Ultimate protection for your HERO6 Black or HERO5 Black during extreme outdoor activities and deep-water diving
- Waterproof to 196ft (60m).
- Includes two Waterproof Backdoors which can be used with Floaty.
- Includes one Skeleton Backdoor for touch-screen accessibility and improved audio capture.
- HERO6 Black or HERO5 Black cover lens must be removed before the camera is put into the housing.
- Suit up your HERO6 Black or HERO5 Black with Super Suit for extreme outdoor activities and deep-water diving. The included waterproof backdoors provide protection to depths of 196ft (60m) and also safeguard against flying debris, gravel, dirt and small rocks. The flat glass lens delivers maximum image sharpness above and below water.
- Easy to use and provides simple one-button control.
- Comes up with advanced features which help to reduce wind noise.
- You can make professional and stabilized videos.
- The only annoying thing is that case is bulky and sometimes it does not allow you to use the touchscreen.
To see the results of this GoPro super suit, click the link below.
03. Our life kids Waterproof Camera
As this camera is manufactured for kids so the main thing is it is easy to carry and children can take it to any place. The picture quality of this camera is satisfactory for kids. If you are a professional photographer or going to capture a big event, then I will not suggest you this camera. This camera performs really well underwater too so you can say that this is the cheap waterproof camera and best waterproof video camera too. The drawback of this camera is that kids need a lot of time to understand its interface, screens, and buttons.
Specification & Features –
- GREAT GIFT IDEA FOR KIDS: This camera is made up of environment-friendly materials, non-toxic attractive design, durable, withstands drops. Let your kids record their memorable and amazing moments with sound.
- FEATURES: Easy to operate. Supports photography and video with the ability to replay and delete both. Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) image sensor, capture high-resolution photos up to 5M (2592×1944), HD 1280×720 pixels, 30 frames per second (fps), built-in microphone, micro SD slot with 32GB maximum support capacity.
- VERSATILE: Built-in 3.7V rechargeable lithium battery, 1.5-hour continuous recording time, specially designed 1.77” LCD screen. Included: neck strap for convenient carrying, mounting kits for bicycles and helmet for safer use.
- WATERPROOF CASE: Features IP68 ensuring safe and reliable usage in water in depths up to 33ft. (waterproof case buttons are a bit tighter when depressing due to waterproof design)
- SERVICE & WARRANTY: 30-day money back guarantee. 1-year warranty and free customer service for life.
- Features IP68 ensuring safe and reliable usage of water in depths up to 33ft.
- PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Waterproof case buttons are a bit tighter when depressing due to waterproof design.
- This camera is best for children of 4 to 12 years old.
- It is easy to carry and lovely at the same.
- Its packaging is also awesome and gives good results at a lower resolution.
- Does not come with good instructions so it takes to figure out that how exactly it works.
- Screen clarity is not good enough.
You can check the camera result and video quality here.
04. AKASO V50 Native Camera
NEW LAUNCH PREMIUM SERIES OF AKASO EK7000: Featuring native 4K 30fps & 2.7K 30fps video recording and 20MP photos, AKASO V50 action camera lets you record ultra HD video and take stunning photos.
This waterproof camera is one of the best waterproof video cameras. It has quality overall but still, there are is a room for improvement. You will get real 4K resolution at 30FPS, real 14MP photos (Panasonic Sensor), 2.7K 30 is the best resolution IMHO, good color and exposure and image stabilization in most resolutions (including 4K). It is easy to use and have straightforward menus. The first thing which needed to improve is the audio sound which is little wonky in some scenarios and underwater could be louder. Image Stabilization is not the most effective (compared to $150 cams at least, and a couple cheaper cams like SooCoo C30). Some artifacts from compression on 4K video especially when moving (I prefer the 2.7K format personally).
I will suggest you go for this cam over the Brave 4 or EK7000 because of image stabilization and resolution. Both those cams are fake 4K not real 4K like this cam. If all you’re going to use is 1080p, look for SooCoo C30 instead of this one, no need to spend this much for just 1080p.
If you are expecting GoPro or Sony quality, then don’t buy this cam at all. But if you are looking for something which is inexpensive with decent video quality and at the same time above average photo quality and basic image stabilization then go for it.
Specification & Features –
- SUPERB IMAGE STABILIZATION: Built-in Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) delivers steady and smooth videos in up to 4K/30fps resolution, AKASO V50 sports camera ensures excellent experience in shooting fast-moving objects.
- BUILT-IN WIFI AND HDMI OUTPUT: Just download App (iSmart DV) on your phone or tablet and connect it with this action camera, you can share your wonderful moment immediately.
- WATERPROOF CAMERA UP TO 100FT: Equipped with a waterproof case, you can capture your favorite underwater activities: surfing, diving, and snorkeling.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: AKASO V50 action camera comes with 2 rechargeable 1050mAh batteries which support video recording up to 90 minutes. And 17 accessories kit fits most action cameras even GoPro.
- Simple and easy to use because of its straightforward menus.
- Exposure and colors are great.
- Video stabilization is great against the money you are paying for this camera.
- As it is an action camera but still comes without a charger for batteries.
You can check the result of this waterproof camera here.
05. LINNNZI 12MP HD Best Underwater Action Camera Camcorder
This is the best underwater camera which is a perfect Birthday, Christmas or Summer Gift for your daughter, son or niece. Well, kids love this camera for its style but the picture quality is not really good. Another drawback of this camera is that its battery drains in a very less time and you have to buy a set of rechargeable batteries. The plus point of this product is its adorable design and its durability. As you know kids throw and forget things hundred times in a day and this product is durable. As I already mentioned that picture quality of this project is not really great but kids will learn using it quickly and will enjoy the experience and I think that is the thing which matters most at the end of the day.
- Best Gift Idea for Kids: Cute & Trendy design, compact to hold, easy to use, waterproof and anti-falling to let kids enjoy the photo/video-taking in anywhere. Great Birthday and Summer Gift for boys and girls aged 3~10.
- 3M Diving Camera: Up to 3 meters (9.8ft) waterproof design, kids can take brilliant pictures and record HD quality videos while swimming, diving, beaching and camping. With a tripod hole, it can be attached to the bike, skateboard, helmet, etc.
- 12MP Photos & 720P Videos: This kids toy camera can take up to 12mp photos and 720p/30fps videos with audio, it is a great camera for capturing the most wonderful views from our baby’s own eye.
- Flash Light & 8xDigital Zoom: Super bright flash will help kids get a good picture at night or in dim light. 8x digital zoom is perfect for seeing farther and clearer.
- Easy to Use: Simple button design, easy for kids to figure out the operation of the camera; With 2.0” LCD screen, kids can check what they are filming and playback immediately.
- Camera is cute, inexpensive and at the same time has solid build means it is durable.
- Wonderful customer services.
- Battery drains too quickly. You must have additional batteries to capture all the memories of an event or a trip.
You can see the videos and images captured by this camera here.
06. Heegomn Digital Camera Ultra HD 24M Resolution Waterproof Camera
This is really easy to use and it has various modes which allow you to take awesome snaps in various situations and scenarios. This camera is made of high-class material and this is the best underwater digital camera for kids having sturdy frame which protects it from water in 3m depth. It is very lightweight and it is easy to carry and store. It has long battery capacity which helps you to make videos for a long time. Comes with an easy to follow instruction, this mini camera is easy to operate, you may understand all the buttons in a short time. In the end, I will say that this is the underwater digital camera for a 60-dollar. It is truly waterproof as advertised. The small screen probably won’t justify the pictures it takes but the resolution of the photo itself is pretty much beyond my expectations for this price. It is a light camera that is very easy to use. It comes with a battery, a USB and the analog connector, a small black pouch, and a lanyard.
- Full HD Digital Camera: Built-in 8.0 pixels CMOS sensor with 2.4″ LCD display, wide angle lens, 4x digital zoom, wide angle lens and memory storage up to 64GB, the heegomn digital camera supports ultra HD 21.0MP(5616X3744) images and 720P(1280X720) HD video recording.
- 3M Waterproof: Made of premium material with a sturdy structure, this waterproof camera always has a good performance on photos and video recording in water even in 3m deep, captures high-quality 21MP photos at speeds of up to 30 fps and the video resolution reach 720P HD resolution.
- Rich Mode Selections: Heegomn digital camera offers a variety of scene mode to meet different scenarios requirements. Auto mode, sports mode, portrait mode and more, the night vision includes indoor scenes and nightscapes, which enable you to take clear photos and videos during the night.
- Practicality & Portable: Made of high-class material with simply stylish design, very lightweight and easy to carry and store, this video recorder is perfect to be a gift, and good for kids, students, sports or outdoors enthusiasts, recording every special lovely and happy moments in your life.
- Durability: Build-in 800Mah Li-ion battery can be sustainable 3.0-3.5 hours, the memory storage max up to 32GB (sd card not included) allows you to store more than 3000 images or 3 hours videos, and you can understand the operation easily thanks for the instructions.
- Processor: spca 8011
- Sensor: 8.0 mega pixels cmos sensor
- Image Resolution: max 21M(5616X3744)
- Video resolution: max 720P(1280X720)
- LCD：2.4″”TFT display (wide angle)
- Storage: SD card max to 32GB (not include)
- Battery: 800mAh li-Ion battery
- Item weight: 0.8 lbs
- Dimensions : 3.9 x 0.7 x 2.4 inches
- It is simple and easy to use for kids.
- It is a very light camera and inexpensive too.
- The camera does not come with speakers.
You can also see the pictures and videos captured by using this camera.
07. Ivation 20MP Underwater Shockproof Digital Camera & Video Camera
The Ivation Waterproof Camera is built tough for your active lifestyle. It’s waterproof-submersible up to 10 feet – dustproof, and shockproof. It’s the perfect travel companion, ready to capture all your adventures and fun selfies – even underwater. Rugged, compact, and lightweight, it goes anywhere and can handle every challenging journey, from the bumpiest, dustiest desert road tour to underwater selfies amid the coral reefs. All of this capability, plus a microSD slot that accepts cards up to 32GB (not included), in a travel-loving 3.9″ x 2.48″ x 0.93″ package. The Ivation underwater camera features a rear-facing, 2.7-inch full-color LCD display and a secondary, front-facing 1.8-inch full-color LCD display – the perfect viewfinder for taking selfies. With its built-in 10-second self-timer, you can get yourself along with the whole gang in the same frame, and never miss a moment of action.
The camera is exactly what it says. I personally took many pictures with this camera above and below the water with and I got the awesome results nearly all turned out great.
Understanding a cameras limits on power, you have to purchase lithium batteries for it as designed. While testing this gadget, I took almost160 pictures (all in high sunlight so no flash was used) but I still had 3/4 left on the batteries.
The picture quality of this gadget is great and it is the best choice to use as an underwater camera. During scuba diving, I took this camera with me and captured some amazing memories and moments. But for my shock, when I checked the results on the PC and compared result with other results and I was unable to differentiate.
Some of the drawbacks of the cameras are that the battery compartment is the dickens to get open. I am aware that seal is supposed to be tight for the integrity of the camera but it is really challenging and difficult to open the thing. The design is lacking in that you can’t plug in the USB cable in to transfer pictures and video because the mini SD card doesn’t click into its slot and stay seated. You have to have the battery compartment closed for the card to work properly. Making a video isn’t intuitive. I mean you have to hold the “M” button down at the same time as the shutter button to shoot video. Figured that one out at the dock while waiting to shove off since I’d forgotten the Quick Start guide and searching online for a manual proved fruitless. The selfie screen on the front of the camera is a nice idea but the lens doesn’t have a wide enough angle for good pictures.
Well, in the end, I will say that I liked the design of the camera and if I will get a chance to buy it once again then surely I will avail the opportunity.
- Rugged, Slim, Compact and Waterproof up to 10 Feet, Dustproof & Shockproof
- Captures 20MP Photos & 640×480 (VGA resolution) Videos; Sports 4x Digital Zoom
- Dual Full-Color LCD Displays: Standard 2.7″ Display + Front-Facing (Selfie) 1.8″ Display
- 4x Digital Zoom & Built-In Flash. Snap beautiful still images at 20MP (5184 x 3888), 14MP (4320 x 3240) 5MP (2592 x 1944), or 3MP (2048 x 1536).
- Runs on Two AAA Batteries – Accepts MicroSD Cards up to 32GB
- Waterproof up to 10 Feet; Dustproof & Shockproof
- Captures 20MP Photos & 640 x 480 (VGA resolution) Videos;
- Dual Full-Color LCD Displays: 2.7″ Rear-Facing & 1.8″ Front-Facing (Selfie)
- 4x Digital Zoom & Built-In Flash
- Economical: Runs on 2 AAA Batteries
- Accepts microSD cards up to 32GB
- It has some great features which give your pictures an artistic look.
- Battery life is awesome with great pictures and videos quality.
- MicroSD card and batteries do not come with the camera as mentioned in the features.
You can check the results of the camera here.
08. Fujifilm FinePix XP130 Waterproof Digital Camera
The indomitable FinePix XP130 features an internal 5x optical FUJINON zoom lens(28 – 140mm**), which means that you can zoom right up to the action, even underwater. The technology continues to impress with the added application of Intelligent Digital Zoom. The FinePix XP130 combines its 5x optical zoom with Intelligent Digital Zoom which results in double the zoom range(10x) whilst offering optimum image processing to counteract the degradation that has traditionally occurred when digital zooms are used.
This digital camera comes with multiple filters and lets you create distinctive photo effects. Filter effects can be verified on the LCD monitor to ensure you get exactly the results you’re shooting for. Along with basic filters, you can also use 7 types of advanced filter in movie recording.
Definitely, this is not a pro photography camera. But, it is a wonderful option to be used as a Street Camera, all-weather and dive camera. The best thing is that you can carry this camera everywhere and in every weather and you can shoot some professional snaps. It is great for close work in crowds. I used to own the Fuji XP90. Currently, I have the XP120 and now the XP130. The best thing you will love about this camera is that it is pretty much child-proof and a great camera for kids learning. I really love it for being able to fit in my pocket and be dustproof waterproof freezeproof and shockproof. The drawback of this camera is that its battery count is very low and you must have at least another battery as a backup.
Features & Specifications:
- 16.4 MP BSI CMOS Sensor
- Waterproof to 65ft/20M, freeze proof to 14 Degree/-10 Degree, Shockproof to 5.8ft/1.75M, and dustproof
- Fujinon 5x (28-140mm) wide-angle optical zoom
- Bluetooth capability – the newly installed Bluetooth low energy technology allows automatic and instant image transfer to smartphones and tablet devices by easy pairing registration.
- Geo-Tagging Capability – Choose whether location data downloaded from your smartphone is embedded in pictures as they are taken on your XP130
- It works pretty well in brighter conditions.
- It comes with advanced filters that help you to edit your pictures and videos to enjoy the photographic experience more.
- Sometimes the camera darkens outdoor photos unnecessarily.
Here are some pictures and videos were taken by this digital waterproof camera. You can check them too to get a better idea of the product.
09. Ricoh WG-50 16MP Waterproof Still/Video Camera
A The RICOH WG series is well known for its tough design which can be used under harsh conditions. With the RICOH WG-50, company has achieved a waterproof performance down to 14m, and a shockproof against falls from a height of 1.6m. The RICOH WG-50 also features a freeze proof design to withstand temperatures as low as -10 and is crushproof against weights up to 100kgf (kilogram-force). With newly added Outdoor View Setting mode, a mode which instantly changes the brightness of the LCD, the WG-50 is far more suitable with outdoor activity then, any other previous WG model.
The best thing is that you can use this camera in really rough environments such as in extreme weather, in the rain and snow. You will get an awesome result in extreme weathers too. There are many cameras which are similar to this digital camera and cheap but honestly cannot beat this camera. So investing money in this waterproof video cam is really worthy. The picture quality s really amazing even in situations where there is not enough lighting. The software is really neat and straightforward and you can easily use it and the provided guide helps you to start photography with this camera in a really short time. The drawback of this camera is that its battery drain really fast. You must have backup batteries in order to capture memories of a long trip.
Another drawback is that its display is not up to the standard. This camera captures pictures of high quality but its display is not able to show it. You have to transfer your pictures to pc to see the quality of images. It’s not only a good option for kid’s camera but also a great choice for the photographers who don’t want to take DSLRs with them on the vacation.
Features and specifications:
- 16 megapixel backlit CMOS sensor offers plenty of image detail. Wide angle 5X internal optical zoom lens (28-140mm equivalent)
- Waterproof to 46 feet – perfect for use when submerged. Focus Range : Standard: 0.5m – infinity / 1.64ft. – infinity (entire zoom range)
- Shockproof, ruggedized design protects from drops up to 5 feet.
- Capture video in Widescreen 1080P HD at 30 frames per second
- Enhanced digital microscope mode uses 6 macro LEDs for perfect focus and smooth, even lighting. Instant illumination enhances feature.
- Picture quality is great even in difficult lighting.
- Its software is very straightforward and really easy to use.
- Macro photographing is not really good.
I have shared some snaps and videos taken by this camera. You can see them to take a better decision for buying an underwater digital camera.
10. Portable Fish Finder Underwater Fishing Camera
This product you are watching now is the latest popular, fashional, good looking and convenient Underwater Video Camera System.
It not only has a large and color monitor but also has a high definition camera which has a HD 1000TV lines camera.
The monitoring depth of this Underwater Video Camera up to 30m to meet your need. What’s more , there are 12 PCs high-power white LED for camera light source, can see clearly at the dim condition.
It’s a relatively low price and many of you think that it is not worthy enough to buy for fishing. But let me tell you that it works really work. It takes only a few minutes to set up and run. You can see about 2 to 3 feet even in murky lakes too. Its light is amazing too. You can rotate the fishing camera by just slightly spinning the cable. The display is very bright and clear and you can even see it in the daylight too. Even you don’t need to put sunglasses to see its display. You can easily record the video. Overall this is an amazing fishing camera, easy to use and with very clear picture and these features make it one of the best underwater fishing cameras.
- 7 inch TFT color monitor with sun-visor for bright outside environment.
- Color CMOS and HD 1000TV lines of the camera, much more clear image than 420TV lines camera.
- Waterproof, fish design and durable material of the camera body.
- 12 high-power white LED for camera light source.
- Perfect video recording function, support up to 32GB Card(package including 4G SD card only).
- Charger:100VAC-240VAC DC12.6V 2000MA
- The continuous using time of the battery: about 9 hours
- Camera cable length:30m
- Camera light source:12 high-power brightly LED
- Camera angle:92 degree
- Camera image: color
- Monitor input voltage:12VDC
- Operation temperature:-20~60
- Storage temperature:-30~80
- Aluminum-box size:210mm*110mm*120mm
- Net weight:1.5KG
Underwater exploration; Ocean/Ice/Lake fishing; Swimming/diving/snorkeling;
Well/pipe inspection, Chimney Inspection.
- If you are looking for a cheap but good-quality fish finder, then go for this fish finder.
- It is really easy to use and have clear pictures.
- You have to install other media players to watch recordings.
To check its image quality and result, see the following images.
Related Products Reviews –
Well, when you are looking for a best underwater camera, you will find so many options. Honestly, no product is perfect. Every camera out there has some great features and at the same time some drawbacks as well. It is up to you that what you are exactly looking for? Are you a professional photographer or you just want to record your awesome moments? So, select a product according to what you want actually high-quality images, a camera with long batteries or a camera at a reasonable price. I hope this guide will help you to take a right decision.